Bateau Bay Medical Centre
At Medical First Group we’re expanding our established network of medical practices to deliver accessible, high-quality healthcare in Australia.
We have significant plans for growth with additional practices set to open shortly – and these growth plans could involve you. We need more doctors! Medical First Group is the ideal platform for you to pursue the areas you feel passionate about and maximise your earning potential, all with a friendly family practice culture and plenty of genuine support.
About the Role
Bateau Bay is on the beautiful NSW Central Coast only a 1.5 hour drive from Sydney’s CBD
Enjoy a work life balance with the beautiful beaches on the coast. Pursue a fulfilling career and some time out with a seaside stroll, swim, round of golf & experience the award-winning dining precincts.
We will support the days and hours you chose. This very welcoming team of Doctors, Nurses and supportive administrative staff will welcome an additional VR GP either fulltime or part time. We are a DPA location.
Duties will include:
- Provide high quality, primary health care services to the community, in keeping with best practice standards.
- Provide appropriate care and services to patients of all age ranges and level of health care needs.
- Respond to medical/ health problems presented by patients
- Patient history taking, diagnosis, investigation, treatment and referral as appropriate.
- Provide management of long- term conditions in line with national guidelines and pathways.
- Prescribe for patients as appropriate to need.
- Provide appropriate health promotion and preventative health care advice to all patients attending the practice.
- Ordering diagnostic tests as required.
- Referring patients to other providers as appropriate.
As the newest member of the practice, you’ll have:
- Full Australian working rights
- Vocational Registration
- Eligible for a Medicare Provider Number
Why Join Us?
- 65% – 70% of billing depending upon experience
- Sing on bonus for termed commitment
- Relocation assistance/accommodation provided
- Locum option welcome short or long term
How to apply
If you’re looking to join a great practice and feel that this could be the one. Please apply now.
About Bateau Bay, New South Wales
Bateau Bay is a coastal town surrounded by beautiful beaches and National Parks.
Adventure activities in Bateau Bay are plentiful. From bushwalks to beach-going, residents enjoy a relaxed and healthy lifestyle with all nature has to offer.
Information and support for international doctors
Moving to Australia can be a superb lifestyle and career move. From white sand beaches to endless horizons, your working conditions could be amongst some of the world’s most enviable!
No matter what you love to do, in Australia you’ll find a relaxed way of life that’s ideal for making memories.
Australia’s reputable education and healthcare systems provide a sense of stability for families, and we can help you find local schools and community events to help you settle right in.
Frequently Asked Questions
Will I be paid weekly, fortnightly, or monthly?
As a contractor we will disburse your receipted billings less our service fee on a fortnightly basis.
What hours will I be required to work?
You decide. In some clinics we may suggest sessions with lower GP presence that will allow you to see more patients.
How much time off will I have?
We typically offer 6 weeks off roster however we can tailor this to your needs.
What type of agreements do you offer?
There are two types. An open-ended flexible agreement or a fixed committed term. This is your choice.
Can I just locum for a short time?
Yes of course. You can join us for as little or as long as you like.
Do you provide training and support?
Yes we can offer tailored supervision plans and support from our clinical leadership team.
What software do you use?
Most of our clinics use Best Practice or will be moving to this software system. We can offer you training if you are not familiar with this program.
Are your clinics bulkbilling?
The majority of our clinics are mixed billing with some completely private billing.