Breed Street Clinic
At Medical First Group we’re expanding our established network of medical practices to deliver accessible, high-quality healthcare in Australia.
We have significant plans for growth with additional practices set to open shortly – and these growth plans could involve you. We need more doctors! Medical First Group is the ideal platform for you to pursue the areas you feel passionate about and maximise your earning potential, all with a friendly family practice culture and plenty of genuine support.
About the Role
We are located in the Gippsland region of Victoria. Traralgon is Latrobe Valley’s largest city and is the regions entertainment capital with alfresco dining at cafes, restaurants, pubs and clubs and is only minutes away from enchanting forests, mountains, glassy lakes and beautiful rivers.
At Breed Street Clinic you can provide quality general practice healthcare to the locals and holiday makers while enjoying a work-life balance for yourself.
Our dedicated team of General Practitioners, nurses and administration staff provide a range of services including chronic disease management, occupational health, women’s/mens health, travel medicine, healthcare assessments and skin cancer checks.
Duties will include:
- Provide high quality, primary health care services to the community, in keeping with best practice standards.
- Provide appropriate care and services to patients of all age ranges and level of health care needs.
- Respond to medical/ health problems presented by patients
- Patient history taking, diagnosis, investigation, treatment and referral as appropriate.
- Provide management of long- term conditions in line with national guidelines and pathways.
- Prescribe for patients as appropriate to need.
- Provide appropriate health promotion and preventative health care advice to all patients attending the practice.
- Ordering diagnostic tests as required.
- Referring patients to other providers as appropriate.
As the newest member of the practice, you’ll have:
- Full Australian working rights
- Vocational Registration or General Registration
- PEP/ FSP/RVTS candidates – our practice meets all requirements
- Eligible for a Medicare Provider Number and A1 rates under 3GA program
Why Join Us?
- 65% – 70% of billing depending upon experience
- Sing on bonus for termed commitment
- MM3 and DPA location
- Remunerated Lead GP role on offer
- Relocation assistance/accommodation assistance
- Locum option welcome short or long term
How to apply
If you’re looking to join a great practice and feel that this could be the one. Please apply now.
About Traralgon, Victoria
Traralgon and surrounds is a beautiful country area with fresh air, a variety of activities such as swimming, fishing and bush walking spots to be enjoyed all year round.
Residents enjoy country-style living with a small city feel. There is a variety of coffee shops and restaurant’s with new international cuisine eateries appearing regularly.
Traralgon is a very active and sport orientated location, with Netball, AFL and AFLW games being held in the nearby location of Latrobe Valley and the AGL Loy Yang International Tennis held at the Traralgon Tennis Courts.
Information and support for international doctors
Moving to Australia can be a superb lifestyle and career move. From white sand beaches to endless horizons, your working conditions could be amongst some of the world’s most enviable!
No matter what you love to do, in Australia you’ll find a relaxed way of life that’s ideal for making memories.
Australia’s reputable education and healthcare systems provide a sense of stability for families, and we can help you find local schools and community events to help you settle right in.
Frequently Asked Questions
Will I be paid weekly, fortnightly, or monthly?
As a contractor we will disburse your receipted billings less our service fee on a fortnightly basis.
What hours will I be required to work?
You decide. In some clinics we may suggest sessions with lower GP presence that will allow you to see more patients.
How much time off will I have?
We typically offer 6 weeks off roster however we can tailor this to your needs.
What type of agreements do you offer?
There are two types. An open-ended flexible agreement or a fixed committed term. This is your choice.
Can I just locum for a short time?
Yes of course. You can join us for as little or as long as you like.
Do you provide training and support?
Yes we can offer tailored supervision plans and support from our clinical leadership team.
What software do you use?
Most of our clinics use Best Practice or will be moving to this software system. We can offer you training if you are not familiar with this program.
Are your clinics bulkbilling?
The majority of our clinics are mixed billing with some completely private billing.